I love vintage jewellery, but I so often forget to add it to my outfits - I'm trying to incorporate it into more of my looks. My small everyday jewellery collection is stored in a vintage 1950s Las Vegas souvenir card box (the interior is divided in two). I got the box from a charity shop and was planning to list it in my ebay shop, but it makes such a cute jewellery box! Anyway, on to the contents (plus a few items which are stored in my other jewellery box, a hexagonal burr walnut box which my Godfather gave me for I think my 15th birthday).
So, in vaguely Z-shaped order from top left:
- Vintage hard plastic necklace, gift from mother
- 1930s kirby grips & 1940s hair slides on card, International Quality Kitsch
- 1950s gold plastic swallows brooch, Just Jake and Me
- faux pearl and rhinestone brooch, gift from my sister
- red plastic beads, charity shop
- Celluloid bow brooch, gift from mother
- 1950s Swiss bone necklace, boot fair
- Vintage cream plastic rosebud beads, boot fair
- Plastic cherry earrings, purchased in Thailand
- Red swallows brooch, Distracto Girl
- Vintage jet birds buckle, Squirrel Antiques, Chichester
A note on the two kissing swallows brooches - the gold one is an original 1950s piece, and the red a modern reproduction made in celluloid thermoplastic from an original vintage mould by Distracto Girl.