Well how about that - I got an award! Sweetie Brittany of Va-Voom Vintage deemed me worthy of the Beautiful Blogger Award. I feel so appreciated - I love the vintage blogging community! And to share the love, I'm going to pass on this award to Denise Brain and 50s Times as they're both recent and fabulous additions to my blogroll.
- Thank and link the person who gave you the award
- Pass this award onto bloggers you recently discovered and think deserve this award
- Contact said blogs and let them know they've won
- State seven facts about yourself.
- I love languages. I can speak four - English, French, German and Thai - with varying degrees of fluency, and I know snippets of various others including Spanish, Tagalog, Farsi and Khmer. I really want to learn Latin.
- I did three solo skydives in the space of a week, while I was at university.
- I've always had a fascination with the past - from dressing myself (and my room!) in Victorian styles when I was 12 to spending evenings watching WW2 documentaries on the Discovery Channel with Daddy to the ever-changing wonders of Mummy's attic (aka the chamber of secrets).
- This time last year I was on a beach in the Philippines, preparing for my onward journey to Japan for cherry blossom season. This time two years ago I was in India. I adore travelling, and I can't get enough of it. I spent a little over two years living in Thailand (I've been back in England since last June).
- My favourite TV shows are Poirot, Miss Marple, Foyle's War, Red Dwarf, The Big Bang Theory, Secret Diary of a Call Girl, QI (I have an insatiable appetite for random facts and Stephen Fry - I met him once you know; he came to our university for "an evening with") and Hustle.
- I love waterfalls.
- I have a massive sweet tooth, so this diet I'm on is really quite hard.