So here it is, finished! I've learned a lot more about sewing over the course of this project. It's my first time doing proper tailoring. I made several adjustments - the major ones being the FBA and drafting the new set-in sleeves. I also lengthened the bodice (as it's a petite pattern) and nipped the waist more. It's funny you know, for all the 1950s hourglass ideal and the wasp-waisted pattern illustration, I always have to take inches out of the waist - even when the pattern is supposed to fit my waist size (in fact probably a fraction smaller, since I suspect I occasionally delude myself about my actual waist measurement). I tried to take the excess out by redrafting the darts, but I didn't do a very good job of it (the thick, felt-like material isn't very forgiving on that front). Lastly, I tapered the skirt to give it that wiggle shape - though I think as a result I'm going to have to convert the back kick pleat into an overlapped split (there's probably a technical term for those), since I can now take only very small steps. All in all I'm pleased with how it came out, for all its wonky tailoring.
But I'm choosing something simpler for my next sewing project.
♥ Dress, made by me using Simplicity 3443 ♥ Rhinestone clip-on earrings, car boot sale yesterday ♥ Bakelite and plastic bangles from ebay, etsy and H&M ♥ Belt, charity shop ♥ Handbag, ebay