Wednesday, February 9, 2011
Stylish Blogger Award
Aww you love me! Big thanks to Brittany of Va-Voom Vintage and Miss B of Miss B's Daydreams for giving me the Stylish Blogger Award.
The rules say I have to share seven things about me (that you don't already know? That's going to be hard - is there anything left to learn about me?) and then pass the award on. So here goes...
1. I'm super lazy. This doesn't come as a surprise to any readers who know me in real life.
2. The only parts of sewing I really enjoy are the planning stage and the finished project! The whole process in between drives me slightly dotty. Except straight seams - I can handle straight seams.
3. I have about 34 dresses (I just counted 32, then remembered one that's in the wash, and I may have miscounted, and should I include my house dress / dressing gown?). Of these, about half are vintage (40s-70s), and four are made by me. Doing this count I discovered three or four dresses I never wear, so they're probably headed for the shop to make room for more home-made dresses. I've decided that home-made is the way to go for clothes that I love and actually fit properly.
4. I have 14 pairs of shoes (not counting trainers or flip-flops): five black (in various styles and heel heights), two red, two navy, one brown, three sandals, and the Irregular Choice robot shoes.
5. I have no wisdom teeth. Clearly I am not wise.
6. Ever since I went to Japan I've been fascinated by Lolita fashion. In fact the time I spent in Tokyo was quite an eye-opener to alternative fashion and is perhaps partially to credit for my switch to wearing a vintage look full time. I do have a weakness for kawaii kitsch, especially in earrings.
7. I consider myself a culinary adventurer: I ate alligator soup in Malaysia, and barbecued rat and frog curry in Cambodia - but drew the line at toasted tarantula.
I'm passing this award forward to some bloggers I've been enjoying recently:
Tickety Boo Tupney
Adventures in Dressmaking
Dial V for Vintage
La Ville Inconnue